Mind. Body. Spirit.
Food addiction is a 12-week 90-minute program that takes a deep dive into understanding food addiction, the biological roots of food addiction, and the five levels of healing from food addiction.
Disclaimer: If you suffer with trauma or PTSD this course may exacerbate your symptoms. If you are seeing a therapist you should discuss the contents of the workbook with your therapist to make sure that this is appropriate content for you.
Food addiction is a 12-week 90-minute program that takes a deep dive into understanding food addiction, the biological roots of food addiction, and the five levels of healing from food addiction. This program will teach you how to manage cravings, reduce stress and stress related calories. It will help free you from body hatred and using food to numb yourself against emotional pain and stress which ultimately causes self-sabotage. You will learn how to break free from unhealthy food relationships and understand what you are craving-soul satisfaction. Be prepared to confront the underlying issues causing your food addiction. This program will teach you HOW.
Things you will learn in this program:
- The deeper reasons why you use food, and why you became addicted in the first place
- How your childhood, past experiences, and biology plays a role
- Are you an impulsive, compulsive, or combination eater
- The Reward Deficiency Syndrome (RDS), its causes, and what to do about it
- Learn to leverage your brain power to overcome RDS and food addiction
- How to emerge from the emotional soup of self-sabotage
- Learn how to create new Core beliefs
- How to find soul satisfaction without food
- Food sensitivities and how to contribute to cravings and food addiction
- Hormones, leaky gut syndrome, and other medical issues all contribute
- Detoxing your mind and your body
- Thriving in recovery and ending body hatred
The Food Addiction Recovery Workbook: How to Manage Cravings, Reduce Stress, and Stop Hating Your Body
Author: Carolyn Coker Ross, MD, MPH