Made to Crave
June 13, 2023 - August 1, 2023
Every Tuesday from 5:30pm to 7:00pmView full list of dates
Satisfying your deepest desire with God Not Food is a 7-week 90-minute Christian program.
When your life balance is off, the vices begin to take over all too easily. Food is one such vice, and is readily available, but it can be used as a sorry substitution for what is missing in our lives and our souls. God designed us to have a hole that only he can fill. When we get overwhelmed and too busy to fill that hole with him, the vices take over and food indulgences and emotional eating take hold. Overeating has mind/body/ spiritual consequences that only makes the hole deeper and harder to get out. These forces can seem extremely difficult to overcome but remember with Him in us we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us Philippians 4:13.
Made to Crave will show you how to change the lies we tell ourselves into truth and provide tools to conquer the cravings and fill the emptiness and our needs with God, not food. Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. Therefore, psychology needs to have a seat at the table with Dawn O’Meally LCSW-C. Together with God we can do all things through him who gives us strength. Come and join us for a fulfilling time together.
Things you will learn in this program:
- How to stop agonizing over numbers on the scale and make peace with your body.
- How to reach your healthy goals and grow closer to God through the process.
- How to replace rationalizations that lead to failure with wisdom that leads to victory.
- How eating healthy foods won’t leave you feeling deprived.
- How to challenge your thinking using Cognitive behavioral training tools to take you on a spiritual path to weight loss.
- How weight loss struggles are not a curse, but a blessing in the making.
- An extensive healthy eating video series from the Registered Dietitian.
Required book for this online program:
Made to Crave – Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God Not Food textbook by: Lysa TerKeurst
Made to Crave – Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God Not Food Participant Guide by: Lysa TerKeurst